Obscura by Joe Hart

Obscura - Joe Hart

A new form of dementia, called Losian, has taken Dr. Gillian Flynn's husband, and it is a race against time to find the cause and hopefully a cure, as now her young daughter suffers from it. As her funding dries out, NASA steps in, asking her for her help on a secret mission where the crew are suffering symptoms eerily similar to Losians. Will she find her answer there, or will she be coming up against something more insidious?

I loved the premise of this book, and it kept me engaged all the way throughout. It has, of course, the sci-fi element, but it was also a psychological thriller. The main character deals with an addiction to opioids, which to tell you the truth, was the one thing that threw me off, as I do not see how anyone with that kind of addiction would have been approved for space travel, no matter how good you are at your job. But, this is fiction after all, and the rest of the tale was wickedly good.

I have read several of Joe Hart's books, and this one is definitely at the top of my list.

5 stars and definitely recommended!