The White Lotus and Persian Rose by Libbie Hawker

Persian Rose: A Novel of Egypt's Fall (White Lotus Book 2) - Libbie Hawker

As with many of Libbie Hawker's other books, I am enjoying this series, but I do have to mention that there are many spelling and grammatical errors which could put off some readers. It didn't bother me so much because the storyline really drew my attention, but I did take away one star because of it. However, there were so many intrigues going on and I just had to know what was going to happen, so I kept reading.

This is the story of Rhodopis, one of only two known hetaerae mentioned by name by Herodotus, the other being Archidike, who is also in the book. From being plucked off the streets by essentially selling herself so her family wouldn't starve, to her training by her masters right hand man, Aesop...yes the very one who wrote all those lovely fables we know of today. I wasn't even aware that he existed that long ago.

Anyway we go from her training to her introduction as a hetaerae into society at the time of Pharaoh Amasis, who is none too popular, because his love of anything Greek is brewing tension in Memphis. Too many Egyptians feel that the Greek people and culture is doing away with their identity as a people. So it is in this time that Rhodopis finds herself, at the center of a crisis that is about to boil over. That is all I will say about it, because I don't want to give anything else away.

Book three is supposed to be released this fall, so I am looking forward to the conclusion of her story.
Recommended (if you can overlook the grammatical errors). This review is for both books currently in the series, The White Lotus and Persian Gold.