10 Bookish Questions

1. What book is on your nightstand now?

A Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar and The Unseen Realm by Dr. Michael S. Heiser.

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?

There were a couple, but for non-fiction it was God Against the Gods by Brian Godawa, and for fiction, I truly enjoyed A Year of Ravens by several authors including one of my favortites, Stephanie Dray.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?

Any writers of the Bible, particularly the apostle John.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

I'm not sure. I have several books on myths, legends and cryptozoology on my shelves. I've always been fascinated with the weird and unexplained.

5. How do you organize your personal library?

By genre, author and size.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?

Sheesh, there are some books that have been on my shelves for a LONG time. I guess Colleen McCullough's First Man in Rome series.

I'm not embarrassed that there are some books I've never read, especially some of the classics. If I haven't read them, I'm just not interested.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didnt? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

Hmmmm...not sure. Probably You by Caroline Kepnes. Didn't even finish it, but I thought I'd give it another chance sometime in the future.

The last book I put down was When Smiles Fade by Paige Dearth.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

I read mostly historical fiction, Christian fiction, thrillers and horror. I particularly enjoy historical fiction set in ancient Egypt or Rome, and Christian thrillers about the end times.

I don't read erotica, westerns or romance novels.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?

1984 by George Orwell.

10. What do you plan to read next?

Not sure. I was never one to set aside the next 10 books to read ahead of time. My mind changes as easily as my mood. There are several books coming out in the next month or so that I have reserved at the library though, including, A City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin, Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay and The Progeny by Tosca Lee.