God against the gods: Storytelling, Imagination and Apologetics in the Bible by Brian Godawa

God Against the Gods: Storytelling, Imagination and Apologetics in the Bible - Brian Godawa

This book can be summed up best by the following passage from the book..."My approach in this book is to understand the Bible in its own ancient Near East context...", and he does that through several essays showing the differences between the God of the Bible and the gods of ancient, pagan societies, through the use of storytelling and imagery that God uses as an apologetic tool in the bible. The author uses this in his series of books, "The Chronicles of the Nephilim", which I also highly recommend!

Sound biblical teaching which may open up your eyes to a deeper understanding of God's word, and several passages that you may have always wondered about and wanted to research. This book ties in nicely with another book I have also started to read by Dr.Michael Heiser. It makes you want to study the bible even more to find the wonders of our awesome God.

I read this through once, but I plan to read it again, taking my time with it and digesting it properly and taking lots of notes!

Highly recommended for all Christians and especially for those that want to dig deeper in their bible studies!

*I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. This is it.