Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

— feeling crazy
Behind Closed Doors - B.A. Paris

I don't know why Amazon has this listed under the title, "By Her Side", because as you can see, the real title is obviously different on the front cover of the book. Whatever. Anyways, this is the brief synopsis of the book which is also not available on Amazon:

"Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace.

He has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance.

You might not want to like them, but you do.

You'd like to know Grace better.

But it's difficult.

Because you realize that they are never apart.

Some might call this true love.

Others might ask why Grace never answers the phone.

Or can't meet for lunch, without Jack.

And why there are bars on one of the bedroom windows.

Sometimes the perfect marriage is the perfect lie."

The only reason I found this book is because I think Goodreads was offering a copy in a giveaway and I was immediately intrigued. I had to buy the paperback, as it is not available for kindle, and finally got it in the mail yesterday. I was instantly hooked and read it in less than a day.

This was a twisted and disturbing psychological thriller! Grace has a sister, Millie, who has Down's syndrome, whom she loves very much and is very protective of her. She is swept of her feet by Jack, who is the perfect guy and who is more than happy to include Millie in their lives. But, Jack has ulterior motives and as he reveals to Grace what his ultimate plans are, she will have to find some way to get out of her situation before Jack can complete his sick fantasy.

The story alternates between past and present, and as more of the story was revealed, the more horrible it became. A gripping read that had me at the edge of my seat.

5 stars and recommended!