Method 15/33 - Shannon Kirk

Synopsis:

"Imagine a helpless, pregnant 16-year-old who's just been yanked from the serenity of her home and shoved into a dirty van. Kidnapped…Alone…Terrified.

Now forget her…

Picture instead a pregnant, 16-year-old, manipulative prodigy. She is shoved into a dirty van and, from the first moment of her kidnapping, feels a calm desire for two things: to save her unborn son and to exact merciless revenge.

She is methodical—calculating— scientific in her plotting. A clinical sociopath? Leaving nothing to chance, secure in her timing and practice, she waits—for the perfect moment to strike. Method 15/33 is what happens when the victim is just as cold as the captors.

The agents trying to find a kidnapped girl have their own frustrations and desires wrapped into this chilling drama.  In the twists of intersecting stories, one is left to ponder. Who is the victim? Who is the aggressor?"

The synopsis of this book really says it all. This was a fast read and I enjoyed it very much. The main character wasn't very likable, but damn, I love to see the victim out manipulate her captors.

Thanks to Reclusive Reads for his review and recommendation which is what made me read the book in the first place.

5 stars and recommended.