Warped: A Menapace Collection of Short Horror, Thriller, and Suspense Fiction

— feeling big smile
WARPED: A Menapace Collection of Short Horror, Thriller, and Suspense Fiction - Jeff Menapace

I grabbed this collection when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago for 99 cents, and I am glad that I did. I enjoyed the author's BAD GAMES series, so I wanted to read more stuff by him. This one is a collection of 9 stories, some longer than others, but all were entertaining.

My favorites were:

Princess: a tragic tale about a girl who is stood up on Prom night. It's not what you're thinking though. It's twisted and quite sad.

Get off my Ass: a tale about road rage. This one introduces the main bad guys from his BAD GAMES series.

Torment: a tale about an Cree Indian bent on revenge, some kids on the way to a cabin and a college professor specializing in myths. Oh, and the Wendigo.

Sugar Daddy and Sugar Daddy 2: this one was about some people out to rob a house in an exclusive neighborhood. From some reason, it reminded me of the Stepford Wives with a wicked element.

And my favorite out of the whole bunch, The Straw Man and a Murder: about an abused little boy and his friend, the scarecrow. For some reason, I loved this one.

Definitely looking forward to more stuff from this author. 4.5 stars- Recommended!