The Eternal World by Christopher Farnsworth

The Eternal World: A Novel - Christopher Farnsworth

This book starts off when Spanish Conquistadors land on the shores of what is now, Florida, seeking treasures. While fighting off one of the tribes, Simon Olivera finds himself injured and near death before a woman named Shako, of the Uzita tribe finds him. She gives him some water which miraculously heals him, and Simon finds that her tribe guards the greatest treasure of all; the Fountain of Youth.

Simon soon betrays Shako and her whole village is put to death. Simon and the others gather enough of the water and off they go. It is now 500 years later, and Shako vows revenge. Simon has just hired a brilliant scientist to break the code of the Water so that they can make more, because you have to keep taking the Water to keep living longer and they are almost out.

I enjoyed this one very much. It was fast paced and kept me engages all the way to the end. I loved the bits of history about the Conquistadors and also the story of the men who got to live for so long. It brought up some interesting questions about immortality, but also about morality. Is being able to live for such a long time necessarily a good thing?

I won this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaway and I am glad I did. This one was a winner for me.