Get to the point already...

The Omega Watchers: "As it was in the Days of Noah" - Jane E. Woodlee Hedrick

You know when you read a book and it just keeps going and going before getting to it's point? This is what this book felt like to me. I liked the premise as, I enjoy books about end times and alien conspiracies, but this one just seemed to drag on and on. I felt like one of the main characters spent most of the book just crying and being consoled by her boyfriend, so I skimmed those parts that didn't add anything to the story, in my opinion. I just didn't feel emotionally attached to any of the characters at all, and I just really wanted to smack Gabi upside the head.

Here is the book blurb so you can get an idea what the book is about:

"A mysterious Dead Sea Scroll revealed prophecies of the return of the fallen angels and the timing of their release from the abyss where they have been imprisoned awaiting their final judgment. But, there is a missing piece to the prophetic puzzle!

Gabriella’s cave exploration leads her team on an ominous journey to discover a lost prophecy from the days of Noah and find her own spiritual truth. In her search she opens her mind to a “Watcher” that captures her with his mystical powers of universal knowledge as they travel between time and untime.

This deceiving spirit proclaims the coming of the Ascended Master who will usher in a new age of peace for all mankind. Gabriella feels totally alone as her friends believe Yahweh as the one true God and they struggle to convince her she is falling deeper and deeper into a pit of destruction and is about to cross the point of no return."

The story also did not flow well. The writing just seemed disjointed and so I was ready for this book to just end. In the end I give it 3 stars because I like the premise, but it could have been told with about a 100 less pages.