A Day of Fire: a novel of Pompeii

A Day of Fire: a novel of Pompeii - Sophie Perinot, Stephanie Dray, Kate Quinn, Vicky Alvear Shecter, Ben Kane, Damon Knight This is a tale made up of 6 inter-connected stories taking place during events leading right up to the explosion of Mt. Vesuvius, as seen through the eyes of several people from different social backgrounds. You have a wealthy senator, a privileged pregnant woman, a prostitute, a 17 year old who has become a man, a woman on the verge of marrying a man she doesn't love and several others.

The authors did a tremendous job in writing a seamless story, picking up where the other has left off, to form a complete and captivating story, rich in drama. All the characters are linked together by an event which changes all of their lives. Their research is impeccable and it shows in how they richly describe Pompeii and its culture of the time, and the horror these people must have experienced during that terrible time.

I highly recommend this book! I have read most of the books of all the authors who have contributed to this one except for 2 of them. I plan to rectify that soon! I would love to see them do something like this again!