Inferno

Inferno - Dan Brown I can't believe that this book has been out for less than a month and it has already garnered over 2400 reviews on Amazon! I have read some of the reviews, good and bad, and this is basically how I feel about it:
For all of the controversy that his books seems to spark, I enjoy his books because I love puzzles and history. A lot of people complain that this one was basically a travel guide with a story written into it. I enjoyed it precisely because I learn so much about different places and sites that I never knew about before or just had basic knowledge about. When a book engages me enough where I stop reading to look up information or pictures of a place the author talks about, the book was worth it to me. I have learned more about the city of Florence, (which I was lucky enough to visit), its history and also about Dante Alighieri and his Divine Comedy then I knew before reading this book.
And although the actual story had a couple of plot holes, I still found it exiting to read. I love how the author weaves history, symbology and artifacts into a puzzle to solve. I give it a solid 4.5 stars rounded up to 5.