The Never List

The Never List - Koethi Zan I won my copy of the book in a Goodreads giveaway and I am so glad I did. This one grabbed me and wouldn't let go!

After a childhood incident, best friend Sarah and Jennifer make up a Never List- a series of rules of things never to do to avoid bad situations. But one night they break one of these rules: Never get in a car with strangers. What follows is 3 years of being held captive in a dungeon with 2 other girls by a madman.
Fast forward 10 years and you find Sarah trying to have some semblance of a normal life amidst her phobias. But Sarah cannot truly heal until she brings Jennifer, who didn't make it out, home. What begins is a trip into the world of cults, torture, BDSM and a terrifying mystery.
The tension and feeling of dread in this book kept me at the edge of my seat and despite the horrific subject matter, it tastefully refrains from explicitly depicting sexual acts. The story had lots of twists and turns and while I anticipated the end, it still came as a shocking surprise.
I will be looking for more books from this author in the future.